[nfb-db] FCC to distribute assistive technology to people with combined hearing and vision loss

Janice Toothman janice.toothman at verizon.net
Fri Mar 22 15:50:57 UTC 2013

Hi Marsha,
I know that I learned with my Phonak FM System that has blue tooth
connectivity there is a prioritization. If your cell phone rings while
in class and your using the "Zoom" it will switch you from the class to
your cell phone call. I found it annoying when I would type on my QWERTY
Pacmate in class that I had plugged into the FM system it would again
switch from the class to the Pacmate. I do not know how much mine system
cost because DORS paid for it but they now have a newer version, so that
they are constantly updating their designs and their capabilities, at
least in some areas.
Janice