[nfb-db] My thoughts on training centers blind, and deaf blind.

Patricia Hubschman palhub at optonline.net
Tue Nov 5 14:10:03 UTC 2013

Heather,

I  pretty much grew up with HKSB -  serevices for the blind.  For the most
part,  my hearing  impairment was ignored.   I'm sure it existed and was
"vital" but no one seemed to know what to do about it.  Since I wasn't
successfully able to use haring aids when I was  growing up, I was just put
down to being lazy or faking, I guess.  II learned how to function - more or
less -- in the blidn  world, but not in the deaf world.  I always felt
misplaced.
I didn't even know about  HKNC until about 2000.  I was 36 and had been
employed in a very low state job for 10 years by then,.     I finally found
some place that I do feel at home.

Trish