[nfb-db] pennsylvania

Marsha Drenth marsha.drenth at gmail.com
Sun Nov 10 12:23:20 UTC 2013

Hello List,
Just a quick update from PA. I do not want to get in trouble, so my disclaimer is that we have moved one step closer to affiliate divisionhood. This is of course that we, I need to submit the correct paperwork, and of course get approval from the President and state board. Which I do not see any issues with getting. We had 15 persons at the meeting, including Pam Allen. 13 of those members are joining the affiliate division. We had a great meeting discussing SSP's, issues in the state, ICanConnect, what as a division things we want to do, about the resolution I wrote up, about the defination of deafblind and how people feel about that term, and much more. My husband, techno guru, was successful able to set up a induction loop system for both, our deafblind meeting, general session, banquet, and the chapter breakfast on sunday. I think its doable for chapters, affiliates to do the same, if spects are provided with a local techno guru. I am sure that my husband would be more than happy to discuss with anyone interested. As I have already mentioned, I wrote up a resolution for this convention to hopefully consider, its been through some changes, and there has ben alot of discussion about it. Once this is approved, this morning, I will send tot he list or anyone interested in recieving it. I also utilized an SSP the entire weekend, I can't say how extremely helpful this was for me. Just the communication part, repeating and signing when it was too loud, or when an audience member spoke and I could not hear, at meals, and just in general. My experience as a hard of hearing person, as a deafblind person, attending this meeting, has been greatly highten, enhanced. I know that there was more that I wanted to add, but its early and I could ot sleep at our last morning of convention. I am very excited to report all of this good news, stay tuned for more to come!

Marsha drenth
Sent with my IPhone