[nfb-db] Second Question for Deaf-Blind Focus Group on Accessible Voting

Blake, Lou Ann LBlake at nfb.org
Thu Nov 14 14:30:54 UTC 2013

Dear List Members,

Thank you so much to those who responded to the first question of our deaf-blind focus group on accessible voting! The barriers identified by the focus group participants that prevent deaf-blind voters from voting privately and independently were:

*       Lack of Braille;

*       Audio volume is too low; and

*       Poll workers are not properly trained.

The second question for our accessible voting focus group is:

*       What would be the ideal voting environment for you?

Please provide your response to this question by 8:30 a.m. EST on Monday, November 18th. All deaf-blind list members who have voted are welcome and encouraged to participate! If you have any questions, please contact:
          Lou Ann Blake, HAVA Project Manager
          National Federation of the Blind
          lblake at nfb.org<mailto:lblake at nfb.org>
          410-659-9314, ext. 2221.

Take the stress out of this year's holiday shopping with NFB's Bid for Equality national online auction: Black Friday, Nov. 29, to Giving Tuesday, Dec. 3. View our must-have donations and register<http://www.biddingforgood.com/auction/AuctionHome.action?vhost=bid-for-equality> to make your Bid for Equality. The future is in your bid!