[nfb-db] rules in the ASLlab

heather albright kd5cbl at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 00:29:08 UTC 2013

My problem is that they told me I cant speak if I have any questions or ask
about a sign or how to make the sign!  They said I will be asked to leave
and cant come back till the next day!  If I do it more than three times, I
am band from the lab for 2 weeks!  But I cant read the book with all the
signs or see the videos!  I am supposed to have 21 hours in the lab!  I
understand that you should use ASL but if you don't know it, how can you use
it!  If you cant see the person signing, what should you do?  I have two
tactile interpreters signing to me with me know any sign language at all. I
only get 5 percent of what their saying! Is there a better method of
teaching me?  Even people taking ESL use their language to teach someone
English!