[nfb-db] Florida Support Service Program Training Workshop - Orlando

Shadow Wolf soulalibi at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 15:18:24 UTC 2014

Marsha,
Every state and city has their own SSP coordinator. The person
responsible for establishing and setting up SSP services in your area
differs from state to state. If you live in PA. I'm pretty sure they
have their own SSP coordinator in your area. I believe you live in
Philedalphia. Scott Stoffel, is an SSP coordinator in another area. I'm
not sure if he also the coordinator of your city. But you can ask him,
if you still have his email address.

HKNC just barely started it's own SSP program. They created an SSP
class, now taught by Maricar. I took her class myself. Marsha you might
want to take her class and learn more about the SSP program.

--Shadow W.
On 3/23/2014 6:59 AM, Marsha Drenth wrote:
> Darlene,
> Thanks for posting this. I see in your email signature that your FL SSP coordinator. Which leads me to my question. Are you connected to other SSP coordinators around the country, like in other states? There might be a need to connect all of the coordinators, to have some unity in trainings, materials, programs and so on.
> Very curiously,
>
> Marsha drenth
> Sent with my IPhone
>
>> On Mar 22, 2014, at 7:07 PM, "Darlene Laibl-Crowe" <dlaiblcrowe at att.net> wrote:
>>
>> Florida Residents:
>>
>> This announcement is for sighted individuals who are interested in becoming
>> Support Service Provider (SSP), who will sight-guide, assist in
>> communication needs (sign or voice), relay visual information and provide
>> information for Deaf-Blind Floridians.
>>
>> Attached is a copy of our next FSSP Training Workshop.
>>
>> Please go to our website for further information.
>>
>> SPREAD THE WORD!
>>
>> Darlene Laibl-Crowe
>>
>> FSSP Coordinator
>> Florida Deaf-Blind Association
>> dlcrowe at fssp.fldeafblind.org
>> (386) 546-5706
>> www.fldeafblind.org
>>
>> RELAYING SELF-SUFFICIENCY
>>
>> 'Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of
>> trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition
>> inspired, and success achieved'
>>                                                                 ~ Helen
>> Keller
>>

>> <2014FSSP Flyer ORL.pdf>