[NFB-DB] hearing aid update

Gerardo Corripio gera1027 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 20:46:02 UTC 2017

OK so I called my audiologist in case I needed to make an appointment
this week since he's full, to go and adjust the hearing aid I mentioned
earlier, and after explaining how I hear (what I explained to you'll
earlier) he told me that there are different types of hearing aids; that
the one he sold me, filters sound from the outside, thus that's why I'm
hearing kind of weird with the Siemens, but that Wednesday he'll have a
pair of Starkey, and to go and try them on. If the ase were that I hear
better with the Starkey, my Dad will just have to pay  a difference. Is
it true then that there are several types of hearing aids, those that
filter sound from the environment, letting us hear voices, versus those
hearing aids that as usual, let you hear everything? That's the
explanation the audiologist gave, but since you guys know more than I on
this subject, what do you guys make of this assumption?

--
Gera
Enviado desde Thunderbird