[NFB-DB] Hearing Aid Update

Catherine Miller guillcat at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 17:05:22 UTC 2017

You may wish to consider which sounds your new hearing aid is filtering out.  In my case, my biggest need is to understand speech.  Therefore if my canary is singing or someone is walking across the floor with noisy shoes while I listen to conversation, I would want those sounds to disappear.  If I hear every audible sound, my brain becomes confused and cannot understand the speech I want to hear.  Smart electronics have the ability to distinguish between speech and extraneous sound.

You should make use of every single day in your trial period, and go back to the audiologist as many times as you possibly can to experience a wide range of settings and decide which one you prefer.  If you are not satisfied at the end of the trial period, give the hearing aid back and try out a different one for a period.

Good lunck!

Cathy Miller

Sent from my iPad