[NFB-DB] Family Resources for Learning ASL

Janice Toothman janice.toothman at verizon.net
Sat Apr 28 21:46:52 UTC 2018

Randy,

Who is the best person to teach PTASL to a DB individual? Particularly,
someone like myself, who is totally blind and profoundly deaf (I can
still hear some speech with hearing aids and an FM system).

I only know the manual alphabet.  I have difficulty practicing my
tactile signing the manual alphabet with other DB or SSP/interpreters
because of where I live.  Yet I know that the more I practice the better
I will become and I want to talk with other DB as well as prepare myself
when my hearing loss deteriorates further.

I would love to learn  anything else you would care to share Randy about
PTASL.

Janice
Second Vice-President
National Association of the DeafBlind, a Proud Division of the NFB
We care, We share, We grow, We make a difference