[NFB-DB] Family Resources for Learning ASL

Scott Davert scottdavert at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 00:55:57 UTC 2018

Randy.
If PTASL is called PTASL, it would seem very misleading to think they do not have a lot in common. Where did the PTASL term come from if not from ASL/TASL? My understanding of it is that it is not its entire own language. You have back channel and back back channel and touch signals which can sybolize emotion and things like nodding, but I do not quite understand the rest. they sure charge an arm and leg to go to the place in Seattle to learn it. Do you know of any indviduals who have little to no signing skills at all who are using it successfully?

Thanks!
Scottt

Sent from my iPhone