[NFB-DB] Warning concerning iPhone 12 models and MFi supported hearing aids and CI processors

Scott Davert scottdavert at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 06:59:33 UTC 2020

 Hi all.
In case you have not received this yet, Apple, in the below linked Support Page, confirms that some hearing aid models will have trouble on ALL iPhone 12 series devices. A friend with an iPhone 12, I do not have one to test with, said that the latest beta of iOS, version 14.3 has not resolved the issues for him and his Oticon hearing aids. Anyway, here's the support document from Apple, which will hopefully get updated as it's useless right now, not even including the potential models that would encounter the issue. My advice, if you or you have a consumer that relies on MFi support for hearing audio, would be not to purchase an iPhone 12 series model until there is either a fix or we have more details.

Fyi,

Scott

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211953

If your Made for iPhone hearing device has sound quality issues when connected to an iPhone 12 model

You might hear unexpected noise from some Made for iPhone hearing devices.

When your Made for iPhone hearing device is connected to your iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro, or iPhone 12 Pro Max, you might notice:

Loud static
Interrupted or intermittent audio
Garbled audio
Make sure that you're using the latest version of iOS.

Apple is aware of this issue and will provide a fix in a future software update.

FYI,
Scott

Sent from my iPhone