[NFB-DB] Asking for feedback from people who are DeafBlind who attended the most recent presidental release

Scott Davert scottdavert at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 16:00:22 UTC 2020

Hello.
In an effort to make the presidential releases accessible for
everyone, including those who are deafblind, the National Federation
of the Blind is soliciting feedback from those who attended the most
recent presidential  release on October 1, 2020. If you participated,
or tried to, we welcome your responses. This feedback will be used to
improve future presidential releases. Please send your responses to
Scott Davert,
scottdavert at gmail.com
before Thursday October 8, 2020. You can send your responses as an
email attachment, or write them in the body of your email.
1. If you are a person who is Deafblind, how did you follow the
presidential release?
By Computer
By a mobile device
by telephone
2. Through which method did you follow the release?
Listening to audio
Reading captions on Zoom
Reading StreamText.
3. What, if any, assistive technology did you use to follow the release?
Screen Reader
Screen magnification program
braille display
Other (please specify)
4. Did you encounter any challenges related to following the release?
E.G. captioning was too fast, captioning did not work, the audio was
muffled, etc.
5. Do you have any other comments related to the presidential release?

We very much appreciate you taking the time to complete this survey.
Your contributions will help the NFB provide a more inclusive
presidential release in the future!"