[NFB-DB] New Member from VA

kg 6sxy (kg6sxy) kg6sxy at gmail.com
Thu May 13 01:42:33 UTC 2021

Hello Rox!

Sorry to hear that the noise still bothers you after all this time.  I went from wheelchair for a while to walker and now I use a trekking pole with a wide rounded tip to help keep me more or less vertical when the world starts spinning in unexpected directions.  I also try to keep close to walls, etc, when I can and I wear a biking helmet to keep my head more or less dent free when I do fall.  Royal pain to have to take blood thinners because it always feels like I'm picking up bruises every time I dare to walk anywhere.  The only work around I have for the door bell or people knocking at my door is for friends to text me instead when they are at the door so my Apple Watch vibrates and I can read the message on my Braille display.  Unexpected visitors often don't get an answer at all.  Everything takes a lot longer than it used to but I still really appreciate my independence and peace and quiet from time to time.

Take care,
Tony May