[Nfb-editors] Blacklisting

Joe Orozco jsorozco at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 00:10:23 UTC 2011

Blacklisting doesn't exist in the NFB?  Now now, if it be black and white
and says "moo," it ain't a chicken.  It's okay if the NFB blacklists people.
It certainly wouldn't be the first organization to do so, but please let's
not paint a rosy color here, not after we established that our membership
enrollment has restrictions for reasons that are arcane at best and paranoid
at worse.  If we did not blacklist people, expulsion would not be outlined
in our constitution, and affiliates and chapters would not practice it,
however informally.  Bottom line:  I don't mind putting my shoulder to the
wheel of an imperfect organization, given it is an organization made up of
imperfect individuals by nature, but let's not be so bold as to claim we are
so noble as to be above such unsavory behavior.  It is because the community
is so small that such behavior inevitably occurs.  I'm just saying, keep it
real...

Regards,

Joe