[NFB-Hams] ham classes?

D. Curtis Willoughby ka0vba at dimcom.net
Sat Aug 7 00:45:14 UTC 2021

Hello fellow hams,

We met on Tuesday evening to plan our ham radio
classes.  Only one person other than me showed up.

I do not know what to make of this.  Was it at the wrong
time?  Were folks not as interested as the responses
seemed to indicate?  Was there not enough publicity?

We got no feedback from the possible students, except the one
who wanted to meet later in the day on week ends.
Also, a couple of us Amateur Extra students.  As a possible Amateur
Extra student myself, I am not so sure I should try to teach
that class.

Saturdays might be a possibility, but my Saturdays
are pretty well taken up by chapter meetings and such.
Is weekly too often, it would seem that monthly would not be
often enough.

An article for the Monitor might help, but that would delay us
until at least November.  We could announce it on some
of the announcement lists, but when then should we hold our
planning meeting, and when should we begin the classes?

Frankly, I am about out of ideas.  Constructive ideas would be
appreciated.

Thanks!

73

D. Curtis Willoughby--ka0vba