[Nfb-history] Kernel Books or Other Publications in DAISY?

Tina Hansen th404 at comcast.net
Thu Apr 30 04:20:39 UTC 2009

Something I've been wanting to see for some time is our kernel books and/or
other publications offered in DAISY format. I know that we have some kernel
books on the NLS download site, along with some of the titles in our
Critical Concerns in Blindness series, but that's about it. I'd really love
to see Walking Alone and Marching Together done as DAISY. I know that RFB&D
has that book, but it's not very well marked up.

Also, what about one of the first books in that Critical Concerns series:
Freedom for the Blind: the Secret is Empowerment? NLS offered that on tape,
but I've not seen it on the download site yet.

So I will ask: Is anyone out there willing to take on a project like this,
especially if the original master tapes are still in good shape? Maybe
someone in our Living History group could take this on. Or maybe someone at
the National Center. Thanks.