[Nfb-history] NFB-History.org Registered!!

Peter Donahue pdonahue1 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 5 22:38:43 UTC 2009

Good afternoon everyone,

    Today it gives me great pleasure to report to everyone that 30 minutes
ago the domain, www.nfb-history.org for the fourth-coming NFB Living History
Group World-Wide Web Site was registered and pointed. Dave Andrews all ready
has the request for the hosting account. Once both entities are created and
communicating with each other construction of the Web site can begin. This
process can take a few days depending on how soon Dave can set up hosting
and how fast the domain propagates around the Internet and the connection to
the host is established.

    On another subject has anyone visited the NFB's Audio-Video Center
lately. We now have audio of all of Dr. Jernigan's Banquet Addresses online.
Blindness: A Left-Handed Dissertation, and an audio version of The Nature of
Independence are now available too. The Audio-Video Center is located at:
http://www.nfb.org/nfb/Audio-Video_Center.asp?SnID=2007006728

    Given the Braille Literacy Campaign and the fact that this year's
national convention will be in Detroit  and the text of this Jernigan
Masterpiece are online will the audio of this presentation be added soon?
Perhaps Ed can answer this question.

    Mary and I have been assembling material for the Web site and would be
interested in hearing what others have gathered since we last had a steady
stream of correspondence up here. But the best news of all is that the Web
site is on it's way!

Peter Donahue

 "Given a chance to dream it can be done.
The promise of tomorrow is real.
Children of Spaceship Earth the future belongs to us all."
Flying for Me,
John Denver