[Nfb-history] favorite convention banquet speeches

Michael Freholm mfreholm at unbridledaccess.com
Wed Jun 29 01:14:38 UTC 2011

Chris,
There are a couple of approaches you could take.  One is to read Walking
Alone and Marching Together.  It is a history of the organized blind
movement from 1940 to 1990.  While not intended to be an exhaustive
history, it does go over some of the important events that have shaped
our movement.  If you go to
http://www.nfb.org/nfb/Literature_History.asp?SnID=755323084 you will
find a number of books and articles including an audio version of
Walking Alone which includes the audio of many banquet addresses dubbed
in. When I discovered it I was all tingly!
Also you can go to
http://www.nfb.org/nfb/Speeches_and_Reports_Banquet_Speeches.asp?SnID=755323084
where a huge number of banquet addresses and other speeches are
located.  I believe there is text and audio of most and video of some.
Enjoy my friend.  There is a wealth of information awaiting you.
Michael