[Nfb-history] favorite convention banquet speeches

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Wed Jun 29 15:44:14 UTC 2011

I concur with Ellen's choices below and those enumerated by Robert Jaquiss. Strictly-speaking, "Handicap or Characteristic" is the only banquet speech, having been given in Philadelphia in 1963, I think.

Additionally, as someone else recommended, "The Man and the Movement" gives some of Dr. tenBroek's notable speeches, of which "Within the Grace of God" from 1956 is a favorite of many. Of Dr. Jernigan's banquet addresses, I like 1976's "Of Visions and Vultures" and 1985's "The Road to Freedom". Of Dr. Maurer's speeches, I like one of his first, "Back to Notre Dame" as I had some similar experiences.

Mike