[Nfb-history] Back-to-Basics Seminar Recording

Peter Donahue pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Tue Jun 5 15:22:02 UTC 2012

Hello Tina and everyone,

    I was asked to record last year's Back-to-Basics Seminar but was unable
to do it due to not being able to patch in to the in-room sound system. Many
hotels contract with an outside audio-video company to provide this service
to their guests for their meetings and presentations. Naturally if someone
wants to use the sound systems provided by these folks the AV company wants
a piece of the action; $100.00 per room per day for example. To complicate
things more the technicians these folks have often prove to be unreliable
and their equipment leaves much to be desired.

    The Back-to-
Basics Seminar was held in one of the Panzicola Rooms. If you remember those
rooms were quite large and there was no way my sound system would have
covered it adequately. The recording attempt was aborted. My understanding
is that Will Schwatka will record this year's Back-to-Basics Seminar freeing
me to record other meetings or simply to attend,.

    Much of the above information came directly from Mrs. Jernigan during
our correspondence several months ago. See everyone in Dallas.

Peter Donahue