[Nfb-history] Digitizing Project

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Tue Dec 17 19:14:27 UTC 2013

Tina:

First, I presume you mean the original version of the Man and the Movement.

Second, although I admire your pluck and determination, I would strongly
advise letting professionals such as Joe Schwotke (sp) do the actual
conversion since, as Steve Jacobson says, the alignment of cassette playback
heads can make a tremendous difference in playback quality and, hence, the
quality of the digital transcription. This goes, of course, also for
reel-to-reel transcriptions. If you want to see what I mean, compare the
version of the 1948 Thanksgiving Suspense broadcast, "the Screaming Woman",
available using the "vintage Radio" iPhone app, and that commercially
available from such places as MediaOutlet.com. The former is far superior.

Mike