[Nfb-idaho] crisis in Legislature

Ramona Walhof ramona.walhof at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 15:06:57 UTC 2011

You have messages from Elsie Dickerson and Susan Bradley about the problem
in the Legislature today.  I think we have a strategy that will make it
possible for people outside of Boise to communicate with the committee that
will bve considering the resolution about reorganizing the Commission for
the Blind and Visually Impaired this afternoon.  This would be a very
harmful change.  Even though this resolution only creates a task force to
study the matter under the Board of Education, it would be a huge waste of
time and money.  And the Board of Education has demonstrated that they do
not have expertise in blindness matters.  There must have been a reason why
the new Board was created for the Idaho School for the Blind and the
Outreach Program.

Therefore, if you agree that this is a terrible idea, you may call
208-332-1000 and leave a message for Sharon Block, Chairperson  of the House
Commerce and Human Service  Committee saying what you think.  Ask that it be
delivered to Representative Sharon Block before the committee meets which
will be at 1:30 this afternoon.  Thank you all for giving this your
attention.

Ramona