[NFB-Idaho] Model Braille Bill

Susan Ford johnsusanford at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 12 15:31:35 UTC 2018

I just found these messages this morning. Since it is up to each state or
perhaps school district, to specify whether a school will use UEB math, we
want to say something global enough to cover both Nemeth code ande UEB math.
I believe very few teachers are using UEB math at this time. I don't know
about braille music; I have never heard anyone talk about music in UEB, but
it may be there.

I agree with Ramona and Alison about blind instructors of blind children. We
would never obtain sufficient people who are both blind and certified. I am
certain that state departments of education would see certification as more
important than that VI teachers be blind.

Good discussion.

Susan Ford