[NFB-InTheKitchen] Frosting cupcakes/ cauliflower greens?

ckuell at comcast.net ckuell at comcast.net
Mon Apr 11 19:37:40 UTC 2022

Hi all,

This is Chris Kuell from CT, and this is my first post to this list—although I’m eager to learn more.

As for cupcakes, I can’t really offer any suggestions. I generally just do the best I can with a butter knife and  a good imagination, and then my wife spends 5 minutes tidying up the messier spots.

I have a question on a completely different matter, though. I’ve grown very fond of roasting cauliflower in the oven with olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. It’s easy and delicious. However, I hate to cut away the outer greens (I don’t know if they are actually green, but it’s the outside of a head of cauliflower). I was taught to cut/break this part away and toss it and only eat the stems and flowerettes. But if it’s a big head of cauliflower, that outer layer can be a significant amount of material. Does anybody use that part? It is edible, as I’ve diced it up and sauteed it to test what it tastes like (bland) I’m wondering if I might dice it up and put it in soup? Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris