[NFB-InTheKitchen] Frosting cupcakes/ cauliflower greens?

Regina Mitchell chefrdm at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 20:54:00 UTC 2022

Hello Friends In The Kitchen

Regarding the cauliflower:
Don’t throw away your cauliflower leaves! Cauliflower leaves are a great
source of calcium, iron, and beta-carotene. When roasted, they have a
similar texture to cabbage or bok choy, and make a delicious addition when
mixed with roasted florets!

Waste not, want not, right?
Remove the stems and chop the core into bite-sized pieces and roast them
along with the florets, turn them into cauliflower rice, or boil and blend
them into a creamy sauce or soup!

Break the florets into similar sizes. That way, they’ll cook evenly. If
some florets are too small they will burn before the bigger ones are tender!

Spread the florets in an even layer on a parchment or foil-lined rimmed
baking sheet.

Leave some space between the florets. If they’re too crowded, they’ll steam
and soften in the oven instead of getting brown and crisp around the edges.
If you need more space, use two baking sheets. That way, they’ll cook
evenly.

Finally, season to taste with salt and pepper

Roast for 25 to 35 minutes, or until the florets are tender and (browned)
around the edges.

Enjoy the roasted cauliflower, its core and leaves straight off the sheet
pan, serve it as a side dish, or add it to salads, grain bowls, pastas, and
more.

Yes, this roasted veggie is great on its own, but with a little lemon zest,
fresh herbs, or a sprinkle of Parmesan or vegan cheese makes it a bit
brighter.

You can add slices onions, smoked paprika, garlic and or onion powder or
even taco seasoning or of course, seasoning of choice!

Enjoy!