[NFB-InTheKitchen] Cooking with Chef Regina 🌻 Wednesday July 19 4:00 PM PST

Regina Mitchell chefrdm at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 09:17:48 UTC 2023

Hello Friends. Good Morning!

Summer is in full swing and already breaking heat records. We’re all
experiencing various stages of this summer season. One thing is certain —
many cities are experiencing unbearable heat waves. So please, stay cool
and hydrated.

If you haven't started to enjoy summertime food offerings yet, this is an
invitation to visit your local farmer’s markets and orchards (fully sun
protected, and hydrated, that is). After all, summer’s the season of being
a little bit extra. Extra bounty of fruits. Extra flavors, extra textures,
and extra colors.  The Orchards are bursting.

As In The Kitchen continues our Summer Cooking Series, come see what we’re
cooking up from our freshly picked Orchard visit this past weekend. As we
share one of my favorite summer tips: NO BAKE DISHES, slightly retro but
always a crowd-pleaser.

Come and join us on Wednesday, July 19, 2023 at 4:00pm PST, as we cool down
in the kitchen keeping the heat where it belongs—outside!

Chef Regina’s Summer Cooking Series

Wednesdays at 4:00 PM PST

6:00PM CST | 7:00 PM EST

Regina Mitchell is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: In The Kitchen With Chef Regina Summer Cooking Series 2023

Time: Wednesday July 19, 2023 04:00 PM PST | 6:00 PM CST | 7:00 PM EST

Join Zoom Meeting

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88582537571?pwd=UUZPcTBHeHpUUlhqZXlnZ1IrK3F5dz09

Meeting ID: 885 8253 7571

Passcode: Picnic

One tap mobile

+12532158782,,88582537571#,,,,*286730# US (Tacoma)

+13462487799,,88582537571#,,,,*286730# US (Houston)

Meeting ID: 885 8253 7571

Passcode: 286730

See you in the kitchen

   -

   July 19th
   -

   August 9th
   -

   September 6th

SUMMER INSPIRATIONS:

The invitation this weekend:

Go outside!

Pick fresh blueberries or peaches

Visit an orchard — Or stay indoors with the AC blowing at your neck.

Write your Summer Bucket List- you still have time!

A few things on my list…

Make a batch of no-churn ice cream, watch the sunset from a sailboat.

Eat another hot dog or burger!

Get some sunny-rosy cheeks.

Dance in the park

Make popsicles (chocolate, or mango and coconut).

Make peach-blueberry cobbler ice cream (maybe just peach)

Try something new: food, a store, a book, a city

Write a poem about my summer

Slow work down

Put my feet in the grass

Run barefoot on the beach

Don’t let anything embarrass me for one single second.

Glow from the inside—Hydrate: water, water…repeat.

It feels so good to be kind.  Kindness, unrelenting – in random acts, goes
a long way.

Embrace the fun!

Be inspired.

Be curious.

Take time to inhale and exhale.

Have a pep talk - reminder that we’re doing our best and wow – that’s a
solid something.

Enjoy life all the way!

Love, big, everything. A blessing, don’t you think?

Yes! Love – we’re always going big with it. No rationing here.

I hope this inspires fun, add a chuckle to your day and some joy to your
summer! That it encourages rest, care and a few playful intentions for your
warm weeks ahead.

My love to you from my kitchen

Regina, xo

Happy July from Chef Regina and Stan!

Summer Song

Spotify “ Cover Me In Sunshine”

by Pink, and her daughter, Willow Sage Heart
https://open.spotify.com/track/0UKUfxIkDAMZz7hMdiVX3m?si=RvpOKQWcTgu7Uen5aJVgDw&context=spotify%3Asearch%3Acover%2Bme%2Bin%2Bsunshine