[Nfb-krafters-korner] soap making

Dan Brewer gary.brewer at comcast.net
Mon Oct 27 03:08:22 UTC 2008

Hi Sharon,
No, nothing dangerous is done around here.  Yes, you melt the
block.  It takes thirty seconds or maybe double that in the
microwave.  It is a bit like wax.  It probably has some kind of wax
in it but was not so hot it burned.

I chose large simple molds. It is an oval I have.  I poured about a
half mold of soap first.  Then added the scent. The kind I got was
like little crumbs.  The dirrections say to spread it around with a
tooth pick. I tried to scatter it evenly.  Then when that half cooled
and set, I added more melted soap.  Maybe I was lucky this time. But
nothing overflowed and each mold came out full.  It took another half
hour for the soap to set and I could remove it from the molds.  It is
harder tonight after several hours.

You add the color drops right after removing it from tthe
microwave.  Of course, it takes a bit of stirring. Not much
though.  The spoon and cup came clean with a bit of warm water.  It
isn't as messy as candle making.

HenriettaAt 09:35 PM 10/26/2008, you wrote:

>Hey Henrietta
>
>I'd like to know more about how to make the soap, and what methods
>you use to do it without sight.  Do you have to heat the mixture,
>and/or use a substance, like lye, that you should not touch with your skin?
>
>Curious Sharon wants to know!
>
>thanks!
>
>Sharon

>for Nfb-krafters-korner: