[Nfb-krafters-korner] New to the List...

Liz C. Daniels lizworks at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 27 00:14:36 UTC 2009

Hi Joyce, and thank you for the warm welcome.

You're the second person who's mentioned Brambleberry, so that's a very good
sign.

I've been reading all about knitting machines online, and quite frankly
don't like what I've found,and decided it's not worth the hassle.

OK, here are some questions regarding pricing for knitted items:

Dish towels, hand towels and wash cloths from cotton yarn in both solid and
variegated colors.  What is the going rate to charge?

How much to charge for scarves, mostly knitted from worsted weight acrylic?
Does one charge a different price for say, a plain garter stitch scarf, as
opposed to one with a fancy pattern?

Other items include baby blankets and hats (acrylic.)  I like knitting the
baby blankets on the large side, approximately four feet square, so the
child can grow into it.  The hats are for both adults and children.  Felted
items, such as eyeglass cases, coin purses and cell phone carriers.  These
would be knitted in 100% sheep's wool.

Another possibility we're considering is performing at these farmer's
markets.  Francis (DH) plays an amazing 12-string acoustic guitar, we both
sing and I play alto recorder.  Of course, we'd have some kind of container
for people to put money in, smile!

Side note:  Since I don't like the carrier my own recorder came in, I've
designed my own, and am knitting it in wool to be felted.

One more question for now, what kinds of knitted things sell best and mostly
at these places?

Thanks again Joyce, and I look forward to hearing from you and others.

Liz and Pirate