[Nfb-krafters-korner] Input Needed

tribble lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Wed May 13 15:53:51 UTC 2009

You know I have made soap twice now since Joyce's class and would love to
make more. I wish I had visiting kids to share them with. My last attempt
was a bunch of green shamrock soaps for my sunday school class (which I
teach) for St Patty's day.  I'm going to have them all spoiled if I keep up
the gifts and snacks -- I have stopped doing that most weeks but I really
enjoy the soap making activity. It only takes one session -- and no piles of
unfinished crafts to throw in my closet.
I'll have to peek on the brambleberry site for the recipes you talk about.
When i made the shamrocks, the woman I talked to at brambleberry was telling
me that the green I chose would bleed -- which I didn't care about so much
as I wasn't making multi-colored soaps. But it might be fun to try that
sometime.
Oh and if you want a really fresh and pleasant fragrance, I used "sweet
grass" for the shamrocks. I think I'll order more of that -- it is a very
clean smell.
Anyway, thanks Joyce for the craft idea.  Oh and let me know if you want me
to do a macrame class sometime.
--le