[Nfb-krafters-korner] O.T. Dog Guide names

Annette Carr amcarr1 at verizon.net
Mon Nov 9 02:10:31 UTC 2009

Each school has their own procedures for naming their puppies, and over the
25 years that I've used dog guides, I've seen changes in how some of the
schools do it.  I've had dogs from both Guiding Eyes and Guide Dog
Foundation, and know a lot of people who have gotten dogs from Seeing Eye.
Seeing Eye and Guiding Eyes have similar ways in how they name the puppies.
The Guide Dog Foundation is quite different then these other 2 schools.

They all have a process for letting anyone pick a name for a puppy if they
donate the right amount of money.

Annette