[Nfb-krafters-korner] Looking around

Tom tom.cramer1 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 01:33:40 UTC 2010

Wow.  Where were folks like you when I was a little kid?
I admit that I was very much like what you're describing with your nephew.
I'm 17 now and I think so much overprotection has actually held me back from
doing a lot of things people my age should be doing.  I'm learning to do
things these days that I never knew as a little boy.

I can't say I'm into sports and a lot of the heavyweight tools that most
guys like but I am now at least learning how to work some with my hands.

I joined this list for a couple oof reasons...mainly because I needed or
wanted to learn a bit more about doing some fun crafts.  I'm not into the
whole knitting and crochet thing but I was like your nephew in that I was
never really encouraged or wanted to get my hands dirty.  Messes still freak
me out a bit because I was always taught never to make a mess and that I was
always to be as clean as I could.
Do things with your nephew.  I was the guy who had to try out the shaving
cream idea.  It took me a while to warm up to the idea but I knew I should
try it.  A teenager and now trying this stuff.

If you're not afraid to just get into it, go for it and have fun with your
nephew.
Tom