[Nfb-krafters-korner] December 1st...

qubit lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 2 00:33:21 UTC 2010

Hey there Joyce --
Actually, that is a good idea, blowing on a bead to find an elusive
hole...lol  I don't think it would work well for a tiny seed bead however --
or does it?

I have been in and out of this group over 2010 as I'm subscribed to so many
lists and involved in so many other things -- but krafters korner is the
place I go for pure fun.  It is what I do when I want to use my creativity
or else learn a new kraft.
I took a lot of classes and enjoyed all of them -- except the first
snowflake class as I kept dropping beads and the thread got loose, and I
ended up cutting it all apart to recover the beads and try at a later date.
I was so glad when Laurrie offered the snowflake class again a couple weeks
ago.  Thanks Laurie! It was very helpful.  She had so many tips to prevent
problems, including my loose threads, and is really a wealth of info about
beading of all kinds.

Also this year I took a class on plastic canvass (or was that last year?) --
the tissue box class.  I am working on finishing the last side, which I have
decided to alter a bit from Terry's pattern -- I am going to take some
white, bumpy snow-like yarn and embroider the words "UFF DA" on one side,
with a pattern of little stitches all around it.

For those who aren't from the midwest, the expression "uff da" (or oofda")
is a scandinavian phrase spoken when something is a little overwhelming,
whether good or bad -- for example, if it is extremely hot outside, someone
might say "UFF DA".  Similarly if something smells bad.  It also applies if
something is wonderful or beautiful, for example, when winning a big award,
or when seeing a very pretty girl.

I will be giving the box cover to my sister-in-law to remind her of me,
because she has horrific allergies, especially to all my perfumes.  I
thought it was only right to give her an uff da box to her tissues...lol

I also took some origami and beading and safety pin beading, which I'm still
doing now.  You all are such great teachers!

I never did take any of the knitting or crochetting classes, as I already am
a knitter/crocheter.  No time to do it lately.  But you guys seem to have a
lot of fun with it!

Besides this, I also taught 2 macrame classes -- hope you all were able to
finish the belts!

And last but not least, I enjoy the list, when I have any time to follow it.
I jump in and out, like I'm doing today.

Hope I haven't forgotten anything!
Happy December!
My new grandnephew is due to be born today, but we have o word yet!  Very
anxiously and excitedly waiting for that phone call.  We call my niece, but
she says she is getting calls from both sides of the family and is just
waiting like everyone else.  All checkups look good.  I'll fire off a baby
announcement when he comes! His name will be Benjamin.

Oh, and I made a little keychain boy as taught by Gail.  I made the blue and
white one for my niece and her husband.  It is so adorable! It wasn't the
first one I made -- I made another color first to get the hang of it.  I
gave that one to my Mom, as she was such a good sport about helping me pick
beads off the floor.  (I am in a wheelchair and can't reach the floor when I
drop things.)  Mom lolved the little figure.  I was surprised -- she started
out by saying that was a dumb project, but when it was done, and she looked
at the whole thing together, she got attached to it...lol Thanks Gail!

Happy krafting all!
--le