[Nfb-krafters-korner] yarn question

linda the_ninn at tx.rr.com
Mon Dec 6 02:14:29 UTC 2010

Eileen and Teresa,

Thanks.  I have a tub of pony beads right hear.  They are plastic and appear
to be clear with some color on the inside.  They are okay, I was just hoping
to find some prettier beads  to work with.  I have some pretty 6mm beads
that  I like, but they seem too large and  heavy for knitting into
wristwarmers or scarves.  I bought about $40.00 worth of 4mm beads which are
the size I'd like, but they are too tight on the yarn and tend to fray the
natural halo of the yarn.

When I started knitting again, I started on a baby afghan and Caren Simply
Soft, which was a nightmare for me to work with.  I finally gave up and did
the afghan on a worsted weight yarn.  In the years since, I have gotten
comfortable with Caren, which is a light worsted weight yarn, and have knit
wrist warmers with it, so I guess it is time to try a smaller yarn!

Double stranding is an idea that I might try.

Blessings,
Ninn
The_ninn at tx.rr.com