[Nfb-krafters-korner] estimating without a gauge swatch

slery slerythema at insightbb.com
Mon Dec 6 04:29:18 UTC 2010

Okay, I have a question. My mother is wanting some chair covers for next
year to go with her table cloth (need a good poinsettia knitting pattern)
and we want to take advantage of the after Christmas sales on yarn because
there are twelve or fourteen chairs. So, I need to figure out how to
determine how much yarn I will need when I do not know my exact gauge
(because I won't have the yarn before the sales)?

Cindy S.
PS If you know of a poinsettia chair cover pattern, I would be really
grateful. However, please don't just suggest pattern sites because I have
already been looking at these.