[Nfb-krafters-korner] Help With Crochet!!!

Susan Roe dogwoodfarm at verizon.net
Fri Feb 12 19:06:52 UTC 2010

Okay, looking at this a little closer, I'm confused about the beginning and
ending of this pattern row.

1.  Chain 56.
Okay, no problem with that.
2.  Double crochet in fourth chain from hook, then DC 7 more ( a total of 8
DC's so far).
This is a different story.  I get the dc in the fourth chain from hook, but
where are you putting the next 7 dc stitches?  certainly not in the same
fourth dc, or are you putting 1 dc in the next 7 chains?
3.  * Skip 2 chains, and double crochet 3 in next chain; repeat from * to
last 9 chains and double crochet these last 9 stitches.
Actually, I get where the 9 dc stitches on either end would give you a flat
surface while the shells will give you open clusters, however, you would
have to chain at least 3 or four, dc until you got back to the shells,but
I'm not sure if you may not need a single chain between each shell in order
for it not to be such a stretch as you go from shell to shell.

Once again, I'd like to know what the original pattern was suppose to be.

If you are working the pattern as you described, how does it feel to you?
does it look and feel like an intresting pattern to you or does it feel like
something is off and the piece wouldn't lay straight if you are using it for
ashawl?  If it feels okay to you and you can work this pattern comfortably,
then stick with it and see how itgoes.

Susan
dogwoodfarm at verizon.net