[Nfb-krafters-korner] mid week question color?

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Thu Nov 11 13:19:52 UTC 2010

I know what you mean by the different colors. I think, sometimes, that there
is no color that I do not like.  And, particularly in the season changes
here in PA. Each season has it's own palette of colors, and they shift from
one to the next in such a subtle way.

I used to say I hated yellow. I never wore yellow, because I am very fair
and pastel colors do not look good on me at all. But, once I lost my sight
and can no longer see myself in the mirror, I bought a YELLOW T-shirt when I
was in Puertoo Rico. I thought, "Well I cannot see myself in this shirt, so
what the heck!"
 I bought it and I wear it all the time. I like this shirt and I think the
reason why is that I am now set free from the self-judgements I made when I
looked at myself in a particular color. Now, I wear the yellow shirt and it
makes me feel happy to wear it.

In my closet are recurring colors: Purple/Orange/Turquoise/Deep Brown/Mossy
Greens

That is my color palette. I interchange them all as I love any of these
colors together. One color you will never find me wearing is gray. Never. I
don't like gray at all. Not in a car, nor clothing, nor rooms, carpets,
anything. I have never liked gray because I consider it to be a non-color
and mousey and insipid. haha That is not me. Color, regardless of weather or
not I can see it, is still an enormous part of my life and always will be. I
have an excellent color memory and all someone has to do is to begin to
describe a color to me, and I can see it clearly.

Thought I cannot see color much at all, I am very aware of color and my
dreams are in full vivid color. I can also see perfectly well in my dreams.
I have never been blind in any of my dreams. So I think that since I sleep 8
hours a day, I am only 66 percent  blind.