[Nfb-krafters-korner] Mid-week question - color?

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Sun Nov 14 11:46:16 UTC 2010

Mary, you are so right. No one cares! Color is so personal.
I do not see colors much at all any longer either. Most things are brownish
or flat gray. But occasionally I can see brilliant blues. I do not see any
nuances in colors at all.  Recently, I was talking with another potter and
we were looking at her new work. She described the colors she was seeing her
her glaze - pinks, yellows, etc.  I saw only a plain brown pot. I had no
idea it had all those colors in it.

One thing I wonder about is this:  will my memory of color fade with time? I
have only been blind for 3 years, and I see things with my third eye these
days. I seldom think of myself as blind, but I plung on and most people have
no idea I cannot see unless they are around me long enough to figure it out,
or if they see me walk in with my cane. So, I wonder, will my visual memory
fade, or will it stay as it is today? Right now, I have a photographic
memory of things and colors. Does this change?
Lynda