[Nfb-krafters-korner] nifty knitter hat

AUDREY WELLNER rencraft at snet.net
Mon Sep 13 02:38:14 UTC 2010

Joyce,
There is a decrease for the knifty knitter loom hats, but for a beginner it's best not to get into that instruction. I believe Cindy Sheets or one of our other members is more experienced with the additional advanced stitches on a Knifty Kniter loom and can explain it better when the person becomes more advanced by doing a few simple hats first. You also can use any finger from ear to crown to get a measurement, just make sure you ask permission to touch the child before the mother thinks you're harming her baby. Mothers are very picky about things like that nowadays. As a certified sewing instructor we have been adviced to have a signed permission forms from the parents before measuring a child for a dress or costume or teaching them in a sewing course how to take measurements for pattern fittings.
    Please members, I've been noticing--let's be careful to change the subject line to the correct topic. There's been several strings under "Child with visual impairment for sewing help" that has nothing to do with that topic. There are other people dropping in to receive good information and help from our site that don't have the time to waste weeding through tons of chatting that has nothing to do with the topic they need help with. Let's try to be more conscienous of others seeking our good advice.
   Thank you.
   Audrey Wellner, Secretary
   NFB Krafters Korner division