[Nfb-krafters-korner] Massive knot in yarn

NCBootman ncbootman at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 16:09:00 UTC 2010

Hi Angelina,

I am also a crocheter so have experienced the very thing you are
experiencing lol. There are two ways to solve this. First, you asked if it
is better to roll a skein into a ball. Well, it depends. I like the 1 pound
skeins for some projects and that would make one great big ball. And, I like
the convenience of using from the inside of the skein since it doesn't roll
away like a ball can. But, there is the drawback of the innards getting in a
mess.

If you can find the other end of your yarn, start untangling bit by bit and
rolling into a ball so when you eventually get done, you can just keep on
stitching from that ball. If you can't find that other end, you may just
have to cut your work loose and think of it as starting with a new ball of
yarn and untangle that mess. Usually, if you get a tangle, stop and untangle
as soon as you can and it won't get as bad as it can. If I've raised more
questions, please ask! What are you making? Single crochet is my favorite
stitch.

Greg in NC