[Nfb-krafters-korner] rag rugs Susan

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Wed Sep 22 21:44:44 UTC 2010

If you think about this that is basically how braided rugs were made in the
 past kinda.  When I was growing up my friend's Mom worked on a braided
rug.  She would cut strips of wool things like skirts, pants fabric etc and
she used these metal things that she would put the strips in that as the
fabric  pulled thru would fold the fabric.  The rug was basically large enough
that  it was on the floor and she would sit in different chairs around the
room and  either be attaching the strips together, winding them in a ball,
braiding 3 of  the folded pieces or sewing them to the main piece of the rug on
the  floor.

Joyce  Kane
www.KraftersKorner.org  (http://www.krafterskorner.org/)