[Nfb-krafters-korner] Storing threads, was, Fabric question

Lindy van der Merwe stephlin at iafrica.com
Mon Feb 14 11:14:50 UTC 2011

Thanks to Susan and others for all your ideas for storing, labelling and
sorting fabric. I was also wondering about thread? I use small ziplock bags
with a little label attached and marked in braille. When I buy new fabric
for a project, I will ask someone that is with me or whoever is helping me
in the store to help me match some thread to go with the fabric. I will then
store the items together. I always buy at least 2 spools of thread. I use
one for the top thread of the machine and the other to fill the bobbin
thread. This is convenient since I don't constantly have to take the top
thread down to fill my bobbin. I guess one could also fill 2 or 3 bobbins at
a time before you start the project if you have some spare ones.
After finishing the project, I store both spools and the bobbin, if there
are still some thread lef on it, in one ziplock bag, perhaps for use with
another project.
I have enough bobbins to do this since my machine will use most standard
bobbins, so I can also have some spools and bobbins with colors like black
and white, which I tend to use a lot, ready in their baggies.
    Any other tips or ideas for storing and sorting thread will be much
appreciated?
Thanks.
Lindy