[Nfb-krafters-korner] Treasurer's reports was: classes and times

slery slerythema at insightbb.com
Fri Jan 7 19:04:04 UTC 2011

Scroll down for responses.

First, let me correct you. This is not the Krafters Korner Division. It is
the NFB Krafters Division and this is the Krafters Korner listserv.

Have you ever asked us for reports? Have you ever been denied a report?

Just because reports are not posted to this email list does not mean that
they are not being done. Do you seriously think the National Office is not
being given reports? Come on, Eileen. As you have pointed out, you are a
member of other divisions and know this to be a fact.

> I'm one of the people who's materials are trying to be
> scammed and profited
> from by the NFB without my permission.

Show me evidence that we have profited from your materials without your
permission? I have yet to see any money added to the treasury that confirms
this false statement.

>Do you or other board
> members deny
> having discussed your legal strong hold on my class recordings or the
> recordings of other instructors?

Apparently, you need a definition of the word "discussion" and then maybe
for good measure "decision." The board "discusses" a lot of things. There
are a lot of things that end on the "discussion" table because they are not
feasible or certain things must be done first or they might come about years
down the road after details have all been worked out. Might I also point out
that this is three years down the road and STILL in discussion.

>Further, do you deny having
> discussed that
> the NFB owns those recordings and will sell them as fund
> raisers for the
> NFB?

Again, please learn what a discussion is. I can guarantee you that legal
rights came up in this "discussion" and I can also guarantee you that we are
not lawyers and know that we are not lawyers and that we have to have
permissions.

> I know a little more about what was discussed in that meeting
> than you
> think, even though I did not have the opportunity to call in
> and speak up
> for myself.

Well, apparently, you don't know as much as you think you know because then
you would know that we discussed what is and is not legal and know that we
are not lawyers and have to really look into certain things before they can
move beyond the "discussion" phase and into actually happening. Since you
"know a little more about what was 'discussed'", then please enlightening me
on what motion was made that guarantees we are going to "scam" your
material. I think it is pretty obvious that whatever happens, no one would
touch your material with any length of pole.

It is really sad that this has gone this far simply because there was no
patience to wait for an answer to your first comment about not wanting your
recordings used. This is obviously a very strong subject with you and I am
totally baffled as to why you ever let your classes be recorded in the first
place. Did you speak up when we started the recordings of classes and say
you didn't want that for your classes? I am not aware if such a "discussion"
with you took place so I am asking.