[Nfb-krafters-korner] Treasurer's reports was: classes and times

slery slerythema at insightbb.com
Fri Jan 7 20:32:51 UTC 2011

Scroll down for comments.

Actually, it is only minor in general discussion which is why the naming is
unclear and I want the constitution placed on the website. Since legal
issues are being presented in this discussion, our legal name as listed in
our constitution is:

National Federation of the Blind Krafters Division Article 1.  name: The
name of this organization shall be National Federation of the Blind Krafters
Division

There are several places that this distinction needs to be amended but we
haven't had the time yet. The Ravelry group will need to be added to that
list. Again, this comes down to legal wording should the need ever arise and
that is why there is confusion on this topic.

> Next, this is the one and only NFB division I pay dues to.
> There is one
> other list serve that I am subscribed to but do not pay dues
> to.  Also an
> unimportant issue in this discussion.  What other divisions
> do or don't do
> how they report or report on limited basis doesn't concern me
> all that much
> either, but because the question of ownership & selling my
> materials was
> discussed during a board meeting that absolutely concerns me greatly.

Well, your prior statements indicated that other divisions do these things
so we should be doing them and open board meetings should not have to be
asked for you stated.

> Third, I am trying to prevent the board members of the NFB KK
> division from
> walking away  with the rights to the materials that I
> prepared for students
> that participated in and attended classes I developed and
> taught and which I
> taught on behalf of this NFB division. Because I am not a
> snake, I will not
> rat out on anyone who might have relayed different
> discussions that occured
> during the meeting,

That meeting was recorded so exact statements CAN be verified. Again, it was
a discussion. Apparently you think there was an official ruling made. I must
have slept through that motion, so I'll have to ask Joyce about getting a
copy of the recording so that I can listen to it again.

>but can you disprove what the board of
> this group has
> been planning on doing?

"Discussing" what we would like to do.

>More game playing and dishonest
> wording going on
> here.  Can you disprove that this topic was not discussed at
> Wednesday
> night's meeting?

Once again, you need to re-read my earlier comments about us discussing
versus a decision being finalized.

>In fact wasn't the question of who owns the
> recordings
> asked of you?

Again (I am really getting tired of using that word), we "discussed"
ownership, we are NOT lawyers, we KNOW we need permission. Please provide
hard evidence that your material has been sold or used without your
permission. As far as I know this is NOT fact. We have NEVER sold any
instructors material including yours.

Would we like to find ways to create funding for this division so that we
can pay our instructors? Yes. Have we discussed the fact that we need to
investigate the ownership of materials? Yes. Have we discussed if there is a
legal way for us to use the class recordings? Yes. Do we know the answers to
these questions yet? NO.

I just do not know how to make clear that we have not made any official
decisions. Apparently, I need to remove myself from the board because I had
to be sleeping through the meeting to miss all of these finalized plans.

Cindy S.

et.org/etscrivani%40verizon.net