[Nfb-krafters-korner] VI/Blind and crafting

NCBootman ncbootman at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 16:15:05 UTC 2011

Barb,

That's a great question and well, it gets different answers depending on the
craft you consider. For beading, buy a kit or a bag of beads and a handful
of supplies. Maybe buy sizes of supplies that are reasonable for one project
or the smallest available. But, let's say you decide to do ceramics. buy a
piece of greenware from a ceramics shop, take it back to be fired in their
kiln, and buy only the paints you need. Also, find somebody who has done the
craft you are interested in. For example, I do crochet, safety pin beading
now, have done a little plastic canvas and want to really do more, a little
braille art, clothespin crafts, washcloth crafts, and more if I really
thought about it. I'd be glad to help anybody get started and sell them just
enough or advise them on how to buy just enough to do a project or two and
help them go from there. For me, crafting is not about Me. It's what can I
share and teach others. I believe in the philosophy of grandparents teaching
children and those children teaching the grandchildren. Life was a whole lot
simpler back then!

Greg