[Nfb-krafters-korner] An idea for classes online...

Dixie blueherons at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 9 14:25:46 UTC 2011

I can see how posting classes on the list would make it so fewer people
would join the division.  The reason I joined is not because I agree with
the philosophy of the NFB, but because I believe in the philosophy of blind
crafters working together to accomplish our crafts.

That being said, I can understand that requiring people to join in order to
receive the information is reasonable.

I have a suggestion, maybe something like  this will work?

I am a member of an online loom group in which there are 2 email lists.  one
list is only for classes.  Nothing, absolutely nothing is discussed there
except for the current class.  The instructor monitors the list for
questions from the participants.  The group then has a second list for
general discussions.  What classes would you like to see, what tools do you
have in your stash, how is your granddaughter liking her new hat, etc.

Maybe an online class can be taught this way?  People would only be
subscribed to the list for the class if they have signed up for the class.
At the end of the class the entire membership to that list is purged and a
new list is set up for the new class.

It obviously is more work for the person maintaining lists...  sounds like a
new position for a volunteer in the division.

 Dixie