[Nfb-krafters-korner] An idea for classes online...

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Sun Jan 9 15:44:58 UTC 2011

Eileen,
I believe it is of utmost importance to support intellectual property. I
copyright all of my materials and I honor  the materials of every other
cretive person who has a copyright. In fact, I was considering a pattern
that I wanted to teach recently, but then noticed the copyright.  I knew
that the students might not want to purchase the pattern, nor would I teach
it without the concent of the author/creator. So, I looked for a pattern
that is in the public domain and chose one from that source.

Every poem/article/essay/book I write (published or not published)  is
copyrighted. Every painting I do has a copyright. Every class handout I
create has a copyright on it.

I clearly understand your situation.  As you said, it is your choice as the
teacher as to who receives your materials. It is solely your choice. You
deserve an answer to your question. I recognize that.

All of the stream-of-consciousness postings are a smoke screen to hide the
fact that you have asked a proper question and you deserve a proper answer.
There is no other issue - regardless of the wild rantings trying to make it
look otherwise. People who know how to READ and digest what they have read,
get it.

Yes, I looked at the NU website awhile ago and I loved what I saw there.
You can choose a class, pay for it, and then have the support of teacher and
other students in making the work you signed up for.  If that idea could be
merged with the KK idea, somhow, it could be such a strong program.

What is not clear to me is why some (few) people are feeling so threatened
by a discussion.
Lynda River Woman