[Nfb-krafters-korner] To all teachers

Eileen Scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Wed Jan 12 14:42:21 UTC 2011

Joyce:

Exactly what issue or issues in this meeting are you going to address?  If
it is on copyright ownership, that is not a group decission, it is an
individual instructor's decission on what they want done with their
materials.  People like myself who have developed their own materials and
have put in extensive time into the development of such materials and care
about copy right law clearly are in a minority so a group decision will not
address the concerns.  For other instructors who run a business that pays
their bills and have been kind enough to share designs they have spent years
developing will also care about copy right.  While other instructors who
teach craft kits out of a box or how to use a pre-assembled tool I suspect
don't care about copy right law or who it impacts.  Again, I will attend
this meeting, but copy right is not a group vote, it is a law so please
let's know prior to meeting time & date what will be discussed.  Everyone
values their time so let's know up front what will be discussed during the
meeting.

Eileen