[Nfb-krafters-korner] making palm baskets

Carol Osmar osmarc at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 31 15:12:15 UTC 2011

Hello all, I just have a minute to send a quick reply because Ed
is hooking up the car to the motor home as I take one last check
for email before we take off from my son's home in Key West  on
our way to Fort Meyers.  THERE is a wild bird center half way up
the Keys that I want to stop at later today.

The palms are green right off the tree.  They are fairly flexible
but there is a small rib along one side that you have to take
care that it doesn't snap.  The leaves are smooth, about three
feet long and taper from about an inch and a half wide to a
point.  Sorry I have to run now.  I will be happy to tell you
more later.  I don't know when I will be able to read or send
email again, but I plan to call into the class tonight.

Carol