[Nfb-krafters-korner] FW: membership

Ramona Walhof ramona.walhof at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 16:24:08 UTC 2011

My what a lot of fuss can go on in less than 24 hours since I last looked at
this list!

I was at the Krafters Korner meeting at Convention and took notes.

My notes say:  Treasurer Diane reported a current balance of 1285.92
dollars.  We had 54 members paid through July 1.  I didn't take down the
exact amount of expenditures, but the primary ones had to do with Web
development.

Many members donate a lot of time and other items.  We receive free Web
space for this list, space for convention activities, meetings, etc., and I
am not aware that we have contributed any cash to the NFB.  It is
notrequired, but most divisions do make donations.

At the meeting there was discussion about having quarterly Board meetings
and more membership meetings and planning more activities.  This group is
very active on the telephone and electronically.

No one needs to pay dues who doesn't want to, but if you don't I hope you
will have the grace not to fuss.  If you do, I hope you will make
constructive suggestions and help us build a positive group.  I think we are
off to a great start, but we are paving or perhaps plowing new ground.

At the meeting we also discussed trying to spark some lessons or other
activities at State Conventions.

Gmail changed something on its Web Site, and I have to figure out what it is
in order to make my BrailleNote right to send email again.  I haven't had
time to copy the entire file into my JAWS computer or I would just send it.
I am going to try to list the current officers:  President, Joyce Kane from
Connecticut; First Vice President, Cindy Sheets, Kentucky;  Second Vice
President Laurie Porter from Wisconsin; Secretary is Ramona Walhof for this
year from Idaho; Treasurer is Diane Phillips from Colorado.  These people
are in the middle of a two-year term and will stand for re-election next
year.  We have two Board members who are elected in odd-numbered years for
two year terms.  Linda Anderson from Colorado and Cindy Zimmer from Nebraska
are the two Board members.

No doubt, Diane will look at all this discussion before long and send in
information I do not have.   Please be gentle with your friends and not over
sensative.  Thank you.

Ramona