[Nfb-krafters-korner] Dixie and all members

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Sun Jul 31 16:45:44 UTC 2011

I do recall a bit of that conversation.  I don't know who had made the
comment, but it was not me.  I think  someone had mentioned about  groups
making blocks and then putting them together and donating them to some  cause.  I
also remember someone saying we could do something like that and  possibley
raffle it off at Convention.

I did not have any comment, but I am glad folks share there ideas with all
of us here.

The last time fund raising was brought up to mewas a suggestion of having
tote bags made up with Krafters Korner on them to sell at NFB Convention in
Florida.  The price was too high in my opinion and since this year was a
bit questionable about folks being at convention and volunteering to help
organize plans nothing was followed thru.

The last Fund raiser we have was 2 years back and we had ceramic pins
designed especially for the Krafters Division and we sold them in the exhibit
hall and the Members meeting in Detroit, these pins were paid for by the
division.  The year before that I had different ceramic pins made for the
division and I paid for them.  They were sold at Convention in Dallas and  in
the exhibit hall and that was our first year.   I did not take any  money out
of the treasurery   The money was put into our  treasurery.   We also had
some folks that donated some knitted or  crocheted small bags and we used them
as door prizes at the member meeting. Last  year we had pins left over from
the 2 years prior and we sold those pins.

I encourage fund raising ideas for the NFB Krafters Division.

I  have paid out of my own pocket for advertising the NFB Krafters
Division.

The only money that we have collected besides the membership annual dues is
 the rental fee of a table at the NFB Krafters Division at the last 3
Conventions  [Detroit, Dallas and Florida]

Please keep in mind that the NFB Krafters Division began 3 years ago and
this was the 4th Convention that we participated in.    Yes, I  had started
the list serve 10 months prior to our first division meeting in  Dallas and
that is when we created a constitution for the division and voted in
officers.  We had less then 30 people at that first meeting and not  everyone
joined the division at that time.

Some divisions have only one meeting a year.  At their annual meeting  at
NFB Convention and they pay for guest speakers or have awards and recognition
 to their outstanding active members of the division.  We have to have a
lot  more in our treasurery before we can afford to do anything like that.

So please do keep your ideas coming and it has been suggested that the NFB
Krafters Division have a few more open members meeting  which I will  plan.